Thursday, December 8, 2005

Spot The Lie

Well, after having read Tornwordo and Dickeybird's "Spot The Lie" game, I thought I would steal the idea for myself, as I thought it rather cool and interesting. Listen, I never said I was all that original and I've never had a problem telling people their ideas were great.

So here goes. Spot the Lie. You have the weekend to figure it out.

1. When I was a young lad, one of my many hamsters escaped it's cage and ended up chewing a hole into my parents couch, whereupon it got stuck and began to cry for help. I was doing my homework, so stuck the pencil behind my ear and proceeded to cut into the couch to get her out. Just as I was about to free her, the door bell rang, so I ran downstairs to open the door, upon which the pencil fell out of its holding place, bounced off the floor (eraser end) and embedded the lead tip into my foot. I opened the door to 2 girlfriends of mine who just stood in shock as I hopped about on my left foot and bled from my right foot and explained that my pet was stuck in a couch.

2. When we were kids, our home was the central gathering place since we had a park out front and a Pool out back. One summer morning we noticed the Consumers Gas technician coming in and out of our backyard to do some work. It was a hot day, so in the afternoon, we decided to go for a swim. We noticed the technicians truck still out front, and went to the backyard only to to find him floating in the pool tangled in hose with his head bobbing on the top. We freaked and began screaming, but upon closer inspection found out it was a raccoon who got caught in the automatic pool vacuum and hose, which we thought was his body.

3. I once ate Flinstones multivitaamins like candy and got diahrrea for over a week.

4. I once had sex with twin brothers who liked it that way.

5. My parents told me that I was mentally retarded when I was a kid going through school, so as to boost my ego because I was not a very bright student, and often got letters after C as a mark.

6. I had a dream when I was a kid that there was a ghost in my room who was a mime. It had white gloves and a top hat and wand, and that was all you could see. In fear, I sneaked past the ghost and ran to my parents room where my grandmother was sleeping between my parents. I believed this was true until only a few years ago.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm going to go with 6. the "only a few years ago" gave it away for me. or hell, maybe you are a little slow like your folks said. hahaha. can't wait to find out!

The Raven said...

I know #3 is true because it happened to me. #4 is probably true because I know two sets of twins and they like the exact same things as the other. #1 has to be true because those dang hampsters are notorious for getting out and into the couch. #2 makes sense because we used to get coons in our pool all the time, they tried to climb on top of the pool sweep.

#5 sometimes parents will do anything to get their kids to do well, including promises if ponies and maybe even lying to them.

So that leaves #6...I believe you may have had the dream, but gramma in the middle is just too weird!

tornwordo said...

I thought 4 or 6. Hmm. Number one sure is funny so it's probably true. I'm gonna go with 4 I guess. 6 is so weird, it could be true ; )

CoffeeDog said...

I am gonna say number one is a lie. A pencil wouldn't stick into your foot like that! Love number 3 :-)

mainja said...

i'm with coffee on this, the pencil stabbing into you just from bouncing off the floor seems unlikely.

Snooze said...

I'm thinking that #4 involved brothers, but not twins. But dude, you are one odd individual given any 5 of these items. No wonder I idolize you so.

The Catshark said...

hmmmm lets see, I am going to have to go with #6 as well due to the fact it just sounds way too off. But some should recall that a "communal" bed in some parts of the world is acceptable, in cases it is considered an honor to have ones parents sleeping beside you.