Thursday, December 15, 2005

Anatomy of a wrong SMS

Sunday, I was helping move one of my best friends to her new place. It was a lot of work, so at the end of the evening, we sat down to several bottles of wine and good ol Popeye's chicken. In the midst of the drinking I get an SMS (Short Messaging Service) also known as a Text message on my Blackberry.

Hi Ryan, Just wanted to say I had a really great time the other night, and if Brad asks, go ahead and tell him. I'd rather him know than find out from other sources. I am really looking forward to picking up from where we left off wink wink. Paula

Me: Hi Paula, I am glad you had a great time and would like to pick up where we left off. What a sweet girl you are to message me. You obviously are a load of fun, but unfortunately you have the wrong number and I am not Ryan. He must have been hot though for you to send this message, but you ought to know you messaged the wrong fella.

Paula: Oh my god. I am so sorry. Who is this?

Me: Someone who gets that you had an AWESOME time, but who unfortunately is not Ryan, and who also happens to be as Queer as a three dollar bill. Though from your message, Ryan sounds like a very good catch. Good boys are hard to come by, so I wish you luck. Message when you want babes! ;P

Paula: LOL Yes, Ryan is really hot and cute. I will let you know what happens. Any tips? Thanks!

Me: Good on ya Paula! Have fun and enjoy the boy. But always remember it takes a good woman to make a real man. LOL

Paula: Really? I suppose you would know, or at least are a Master/mistress at it?

Me: You're a smart girl Paula. lol Have a great night and good luck!

15 comments:

No one asked us said...

I wish more stuff would happen to me like that. I just get cranky patrons who want their book right now and right away!

tornwordo said...

You were so kind and that makes me like you. The bad news is that Ryan probably gave her the wrong number/address on purpose.

St. Dickeybird said...

Awww, c'mon!
You could have had dirty SMSex with her, and then let her in on it later.

Snooze said...

What an excellent outcome for a wrong address. I love how you responded.

The Raven said...

That's awesome, and you were able to come up with something cool to say on the spot. I always think of cool stuff to say in hindsight.

Anonymous said...

That was interesting!

Anonymous said...

Now that is what I call perfect mistakes. Those times when the universe gives you a chance to connect with the unknown. Who knew that it would turn out to be a well rogered woman. LOL Hugs dear boy, stay warm and dry. Have a great holdiay sweets.
Love,
kb

Pheebs said...

you are too cute!!! And I'm with Tornwordo...he probably gave her the wrong number on purpose...

Jess said...

She sounds like fun! :)

dantallion said...

I love this - you turned what could have been a mildly embarrassing mistake into something fun - very human indeed.

EarthMother said...

You're too nice! Depending upon the day and my mood, I think Ryan might have broken up with her on SMS or proposed marriage. These days I have to get my jollies where I can.

The Catshark said...

LOL I had something like that happen to me! But I wasn't that clever with my responce back. It sounds like you truly had fun with the whole thing! Have you heard back from her?

As for the good guy catch thing, I think I found one myself! But he is shy and wanting to take his time. So I am holding off on the whole thing. Love takes time and I truly want to try and make this one work. So the dear can take all the time in the world he wants as long as I know that he is interested still in me! :)

Paddy Johnson said...

Is your title a play on the Anatomy of Meloncholy - probably not since it has nothing to do with the subject.

This is an awesome post! Hi-larious!

epicurist said...

NOAU - I guess it was an opportunity that crossed my path that I didn't want to pass up. Hopefully, you'll get a sweet lovely patron today!

tornwordo - Aww, well, I guess I thought the same thing. I just thought she should at least get a response.

dickey - the devilish side of me wanted to be Ryan and tell her dirty little secrets, but the good angel one...this time.

Snooze - I actually liked how she responded. Rolled with the punches.

Raven - I was also somewhat inebriated and am sure the flirtation came of that as well...lol

Bri Bri - Imagine what I thought! :)

knottyboy - I like your warm hugs...Gimme another! xoxo

Pheebs - I think he did as well, but like I always say "men are pigs, but we love bacon!"

Jess - I can only imagine...

Dantallion - Everyone needs a little fun, every so often, eh?

Earthmother - LOL - that wouldn't surprise me either.

Catshark - Much luck with this guy! ::wink::

Snafu - lol, no. But thanks, I thought it was humourous as well.

EssentialStephen said...

I love misdirected SMS messages...I have been one to send to wrong numbers by accident but I always realized it and then it went to someone who never actually responded...how sad for me. Although I have had voicemails in the same manner...too funny...btu I never called back to let them know they flirted to the wrong number.