Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A few of my Favourite Peeves

- People who don't say "Thank You" or smile when you open or hold the door for them.
- People who spit and throw cigarette butts on the floor.
- Know it all kids.
- People who interrupt.
- Weak coffee
- Uncharitable types.
- Malicious gossip.
- Pimples (on me)
- Coughing (me)
- People who are not themselves and who always have a facade or fakeness about them.
- People who don't Poop and scoop (Their dogs pooping. Them scooping).
- Rude sales people or service industry staff.
- Customers, who are rude to sales people or service industry staff.
- Running out of toilet paper.
- People who pee on the seat and floor
- Not washing hands after going to the loo
- Overly defensive people, or people who always have to appear to be the "Right One"
- Tardiness.
- People who do not pick up the phone, return calls or emails.
- Not admitting you were wrong and carrying on from there.
- Constant complainers.
- People who complain when they create their own drama.
- Seagulls
- Feeding pigeons.
- Weak vodka drinks (I'm rather heavy handed and generous with my portions)
- Steak that is anything more done than Medium rare.


Ok, Ok...some of these aren't so much as Pet Peeves, as piss-me-off-royally or just general kvetching, which you may have noticed was one of my pet peeves. Which of course leads me to the final Pet Peeve:

- People who take themselves too seriously and can't laugh at themselves.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on the steak thing. Any more than that is just gross.

Bathrooms too - what the hell is wrong with people?

Vodka! I wan to come to your house for a party!

Anonymous said...

Paddy: On the Thank-You pet peeve - mine is reading "Thanks" on menu bills. It's not a full sentence, I wish it wasn't used as though it were.

The Raven said...

For me, people who use bad grammar, people who should know better.

And what is wrong with Seagulls?? They ARE rather messy, but they do bring me back home mentally to CA.

Snooze said...

Be thankful you don't have to deal with the often disgusting lack of correct tampon/pad disposal of a women's washroom.

you know I am so with you on the coffee.

tornwordo said...

A lot of those bug me too. But I never pick up the phone. I hate the phone. I'll always answer emails though.

St. Dickeybird said...

I couldn't agree more.
Except for the steak thing.
I like my Steak done a little more.

Anonymous said...

Top of my list:

1. Rude Customer
2. Rude Salespeople
3. Telemarketers
4. Speeders/Mopers/Tailgaiters
5. Cell phone companies

I like my steaks medium well. Don't like pink/blood, and can't stand to have it 2 minutes from being a diamond.

dantallion said...

LOL - great list. Regarding #1, I was always taught that it was simply common courtesy to hold a door for someone walking in behind you. Several years ago I was walking into the shopping mall near where I grew up and there was a woman a little ways behind me. I paused and held the door and she proceeded to give me shit - something about my thinking she's not capable fo opening a door herself, blah, blah, blah. It's the one time that I felt like slamming a door shut in a strangers face.

dantallion said...

Oh, and we should get together and share a bottle of Absolut sometime. I have a feeling we mix drinks very much the same way.

Cincy Diva said...

noisy gum chewers. They should be lined up and shot.

epicurist said...

mikevil - at my house, you get clean washrooms, bloody steak and double plus shots of vodka.

sister - Ooooo, ignorant people, that is a really good one.

paddy (anon) - improper use of the English language is also a good one.

Raven - ditto. Seagulls? They are flying infested shit dropping rats...sorry. Love Cali, but seagulls can just bugger off.

Snooze - Thanks for the visual though!

tornowrdo - I hate the phone as well, but still pick up.

Dickeybird - Get out of my house! Blasphemy, blasphemy, blasphemy! ;-p

Bri Bri - Too done for me. uggh...

Dantallion - When people ignore me, I feel like stalking them... I can only imagine what you felt! well, stalking might be a bit farfetched. When I am in MTL next (hopefully soon in the next year, lets get together and make double plus vodka martinis!

Cincy - Oh god, I hate that as well! As Oprah and the Singaporeans say, Gum should be banned.

Russ - LOL - watch it boy, I know where you live!

epicurist said...

Russ - fine. I know where you work! ;P