Wednesday, August 3, 2005

Weekend/Week in Review

It's been a fairly busy week and I don't have anything particularly thought provoking to say, so here is a run down of the past weekend/week.

It was Caribana in the city, and the city was swarmed with revellers and police. I don't particularly enjoy this weekend because the revellers park out front of College Park and there have been shootings the last 2 years in a row in this area. The police and our building management agreed to secure our building and prevent any trespassers onto property, but it made coming in and out of the condo similar to Fort Knox. The shootings never seem to happen any other time, and RB and I tried to make the best of it and travel around and do a few things away from the crowds. It's unfortunate that a festival can be marred this way.
-------------------------
Friday after work I went grocery shopping for Miso Honi's (His honourary drag name) birthday party. I was making a spread for about 25 friends and it came out well, save for my nasty burn seen below. The party was a success and the spread was polished off.




Saturday, we woke up late and headed to the Beaches. As RB went to work, I walked around and shopped. We then regrouped and went down to the beach to try to fly his kite. There was no wind so we abandoned the idea, and decided to smoke a bit of pot and ended up laughing our asses off. The beaches and parks were pretty busy, but what stood out was a single family having a picnic. Father was arranging the meal and the little girl was standing facing her dad's back saying;

"Daddy look"
"Daaddy loook"
"Daaddy looook"
"Daaaddy loooook"
"Daaaaddy looooook"
"DADDY LOOK"

I felt like running up to him and screaming "Daddy FUCKING LOOK" but got distracted by the ice cream truck. Pot tends to give me heightened A.D.D. After getting the said ice cream, I decided to parody the kid with smeared vanilla ice cream all over my face. Everyone in the park thought I was a little 'touched'. RB just laughed his ass off. I then had the brilliant idea of plucking crab apples (5 for RB, 5 for me) and then seeing if we could peg each other. RB whacked me on my chin, and we abandoned the boisterous play after I feigned a crybaby episode.

Saturday evening I was finally able to deliver Miso Honi's gifts, 2 paintings I have been working on for the last week.




Sunday - RB and I went back to the beaches and finally got the kite up in the air. Scared a dozen people or so, by nearly clipping them with the kite. Never realised how hard or fun it would be.

Monday - RB took me to my virginal Driving range experience, and was told I was a natural at it...whatever that means. Honestly speaking, how hard could it be? I already had the prerequistes down pat - Sticking my ass out and holding a long phallic thing called a putter or iron couldn't be that hard.

God, my body has been aching ever since.

Wednesday I was in a foul mood and it was topped off by a fish tank emergency. The bottom of my cylindrical tank cracked and sprung a leak. Fishies are now safely in a new pot, but my 100$ vase is in the trash.


New Fish bowl - Chinese earthenware

fishies

10 comments:

congeewoo said...

pretty fish bowl! v. creative! and the painting! do u have other paintings? can we see pics of them? pleeeeeease!

Snooze said...

The paintings are great. And you cook. And you're hot. I'm just jealous of RB now.

Paddy Johnson said...

I second Snooze. The paintings look awesome.

epicurist said...

SPoony - The bowl is bigger but not quite what I want, as I can't see them. It is temporary for now. And thanks for the compliment. (blush). I am working on a few landscape and elemental paintings and will post them when done.

Snooze - Thanks Snooze...your far too good for my ego (blush) hee hee

St. Snafu - Awww, thanks.

Ethan - It burned like a bitch but doesn't realy hurt now. Gotten used to it I guess. ;-p

congeewoo said...

make sure u don't eat shrimp (may cause infection) and try to avoid soya sauce (cause the wound to darken)...and once it heals, put on sunscreen before u go out, so the scar (new skin) doesn't get tanned..

Anonymous said...

dang! you cook, you paint [amazing!!] and you smoke pot... every day I love you more!

epicurist said...

Spoony - I did not know that....is that just good ol' Chinese superstition, or are you being serious? What do they call that in Cantonese? Yi Hei?

Bees - pot, food, sex, paint, and blog somewhere in between.

Russ - "Gretzkyyyyyyyyy!!!!"

dantallion said...

Those paintings are beautiful. If I had the cash right now, I might justcommission you to do some stuff for MY place!

EssentialStephen said...

Painting look awesome...and I tend to avoid Caribana myself...the shooting each year scare me...but not on purpose, it just happens Montreal Pride is the same weekend.

epicurist said...

Dantallion - that's very kind of you. I'll give you a kingdom of Blogdom Deal ;-p

EssentialStephen - thanks as well. Caribana is just a little overwhelming is all, especially when you are surrounded by 80 cops in one tinmy area. I was thinking of Mtl Pride, but ended up just relaxing in and about the town.