Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Rib Breakers Birthday Week Weekend

I finally decided to break away from work for a few days and took last Thursday and Friday off to spend with Rib Breaker as it was his birthday on Friday. It's quite hard to leave your work, especially when you have a Blackberry tied to your side. It's no wonder that they call it a Crackberry these days.

Rib Breaker, myself and My So Called Gay Life, went to Canada's Wonderland (Thursday) to have a festive day riding rollercoasters and other rides. We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed our day, despite the raucous crowds of kids, tweens and teens. There was one point while waiting an hour for a ride that a group of 3 girls were gossiping next to us. This was their conversation:

Girl Friend 1: "Oh my god, I totally can't believe that asshole would do that to me. I mean, like whats wrong with him? Men are total pigs!"
Girl Friend 2: "Well, I totally like heard that he totally was dating this other girl, who was like a friend of another friend"
Girl Friend 3: "Yeah, whats up with that? Men are total assholes"

I had half turned to respond, thinking they were my Joy Luck Club bitches, but realised they were 16 year old teen girls. Makes one wonder doesn't it? 16 year old girls and 30ish year old gay men having the same damned discussion. Rather disturbing and unsettling.

Upon my return home, we found that the bedroom had been flooded by a unit on the 15th floor. Apparently, the toilet tank had broken flooding 5 units below it. The damage was moderate, but the clean up was a bitch.
I've taken pictures and will be putting in a claim to have the walls and carpet repaired. I may just get my new floors that I have always wanted!

Friday was a rather busy day, as I had been planning a surprise birthday party for Rib Breaker. This party had already been 2 weeks in the planning, so everything had been organised for 8:45 that evening. I had told Rib Breaker that my parents were dropping by for dinner at 7pm, so he would have to leave during that time (something he was none too happy about) and I arranged with his friend to take him out for drinks. It was all part of my plan to decieve, and since RB was off that day, I took him to Kensington Market to help me do some grocery shopping. Another ruse to throw him off. Anyhow, the food and party turned out great and RB was more than surprised, and later asked if I had actually had dinner with my parents. He's pretty, but none too bright. And yes, I finally will post pictures of the boy.



Rib Breaker's Surprise Birthday Cake

Rib Breaker's Surprise Birthday

The rest of the weekend was relaxed and RB left with a friend to Gananoque Ontario, near the 1000 Islands, to drive his friends' families' 54 foot yacht down to Toronto. He is having a ball of a time, and I know that because he called me Monday morning while at work to tell me he was lying on the deck with a drink in his hand soaking up the sun. That no good son of a ....

16 comments:

St. Dickeybird said...

Sounds like a great time!
That no good son of a ...
:)

congeewoo said...

awwwwwwww....so cute you guys! that no good son of a ... is a lucky guy to have you as his sweetheart to organize a wonderful surprise party. dave already told me he had one before and didn't like it, so i promise i'll never do that to (for?) him. i'm totally looking for an excuse to organize one for someone, guess i'll have to wait...

Snooze said...

Love the party pics and LOVE the overheard conversation at Wonderland. It's funny, but I too was thinking, "Damn, that so could have been one of my recent conversations"

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great weekend. Mine was a blast too :-) Except now I have a head cold. Yuck. So funny about those girls. Continuity can sometimes be surprising.

EssentialStephen said...

I am so jealous of Wonderland. Andy and myself and a bunch of friends have been wanting to go but none of us are really able to take a day off of work so our options seem to surround the weekend and the thought of Wonderland on a weekend scares me! Will see what happens.

Anonymous said...

Bitches man! Totally!

Sounds like so much fun!

I love that he's not too bright. Tell him, "Shhhhh, don't talk. Just let the sun glisten on your body."

CoffeeDog said...

aw you are such a sweet boyfriend :-) you guys look so cute together.

Anonymous said...

What do 16-year old girls, 30 "ish" year old gay men and saucy 30 "something" year old straight women all have in common?

Bitchiness. LOL! I love it!

ps. You both win most handsome couple EVA!!!

epicurist said...

Dickey - I took the afternoon off yesterday to meet up with him at the Mimico Yacht club and saw the damned boat. It was massive at 54ft and I felt like Ivanna Trump on it, or like Tom Vuu (whichever seems funnier).

Spoony - It was a lot of fun to do, and I love seeing him happy and smiling.

Snooze - It was a pretty odd discussion. Both RB and I were laughing.

Daeyln - Continuity...yeah really. Or is it that we haven't grwon up and learned our lesson? ;-p

EssentialStephen - They say the best time is the Fall during the week. Even the weekends during fall are better.

Bugg - He does look good with some sweat and sun...mmm mmm good!

Sister - hee hee, thanks!

Coffee - I am, aren't I? Modest too!

Russ - My apologies buddy. Soon enough soon enough.

Bees - *blush* your too kind.

Paddy Johnson said...

That looks like the yummiest cake ever...

Paddy Johnson said...

PS You guys look great together!

epicurist said...

Ethan - Thanks. I realise as I get older that I still need to live like a kid and enjoy what it feels like to be alive. :)

Snafu - It was delicious. I am not a dessert person, nor do I have a sweet tooth, but when the cake is made of double dark chocolate covered in dark Belgian chocolate, one just cannot resist.

Christopher said...

Thanks for coming by my page...have been wondering how you have been since that entry that Ms. Bees Knees sent to me awhile ago about you coming to terms with something in your life...I'm happy you came by and said hello..

epicurist said...

kissyfur - I am doing very well thanks. I have been meaning to write you and visit your site more often, but can barely keep my own ass clean. ;-p

Thanks for your kind, sweet words in that post. We are both lucky in so many ways, and one of them is to have Bees around as a friend. hugs!

dantallion said...

Killer smiles, both of you. Pretty adorable.

Anonymous said...

Hee. You guys are sooo kyoot. All the good genes are gonna be conserved. Damn. (Hides her turkey baster). Anyhow, yeah about the growing up thing, don't they say boys mature slower than girls? ;-)