Friday, April 29, 2005

I need a little time to think it over

I've been thinking a lot over the last few days, about Time and thinking things through. As much as I hate not knowing why RB hasn't called, it's given me some time to think things over and figure out what it is that I want as well.

At the same time, I foolishly believe, deep down in my heart that I will hear from him. I know that seems somewhat fatalistic and irrational, but I have the strong suspiscion that his absence and parting had to do with the intensity of our relationship. This separation is difficult but if things were truly meant to be, then we will end up back together, or at least friends. In fact, the one thing I've realised about all of this is that, it isn't the separation that bothers me, but that he hasn't returned my calls or told me that he needs his space. I hate not knowing. I hate this emotional purgatory, where your thoughts and emotions float about from one corner of the mind to the other, never truly able to get away from the thoughts of him.

But today I woke up feeling different. I felt more settled and more at peace with my thoughts and decisions that I would let things fall into place as nature would have them. No control and no expectations. No preconceived notions of whether things would or wouldn't work out. It still bothers me not knowing where he is, but I need to keep going about my life as I always have. What comes, will come and I will deal with it at that point.

All of this reminds me of the Beautiful South's lyrics to I Need A little Time (I'm just not so bitter, or nasty)

I need a little time
To think it over
I need a little space
Just on my own I need a little time
To find my freedom
I need a little
Funny how quick the milk turns sour
Isn't it, isn't it
Your face has been looking like that for hours
Hasn't it, hasn't it
Promises, promises turn to dust
Wedding bells just turn to rust
Trust into mistrust
I need a little room
To find myself I need a little space
To work it out I need a little room
All alone
I need a little
You need a little room for your big head
Don't you, don't you
You need a little space for a thousand beds
Won't you, won't you
Lips that promise - fear the worst
Tongue so sharp - the bubble bursts
Just into unjust
I've had a little time
To find the truth
Now I've had a little room
To check what's wrong
I've had a little time
And I still love you
I've had a little
You had a little time
And you had a little fun
Didn't you, didn't you
While you had yours
Do you think I had none
Do you, do you
The freedom that you wanted bad
Is yours for good
I hope you're glad
Sad into unsad
I had a little time
To think it over
Had a little room To work it out
I found a little courage
To call it off
I've had a little time
I've had a little time
I've had a little time
I've had a little time

8 comments:

dantallion said...

Keep your head up Epi. It's a shame that he couldn't actually TELL you that he needed space. Communication: What a novel concept.

EssentialStephen said...

Keep your spirits up. These things are never easy but I'm sure you'll come through just fine.

BTW - You should check your site because it seems to appear all messed up every time I check it and I could not find a link to post for ages.

epicurist said...

Thanks Dan - I am keeping my head up. The boy actually called me Friday, came over and we got emotional, then he dissappeared again and called Monday night, and has dissappeared again, this time leaving his keys. Emotional immaturity and stunted social abilities are his nature unfortunately.

essentialstephen - Thanks. As for the display, screen shot it and send it to my email at epicurist2002@yahoo.com. If you are using Mozilla or Apple, it may appear wonky. try clearing the cache and cookies. let me know!

Anonymous said...

You sound like you're beginning to understand that his distance has nothing to do with you. He's doing what he thinks is best for him. You need to take care of you and keep a circle of good friends to talk and be with. This is time for you to come back to center and become stronger in this change.
Hugs Epi,
k

epicurist said...

Thanks boys and girls. RB and I have been in touch and I have made my feelings known to him, and he realises now that his need for "Me time" is fine, but that I too have to think about me.

Friends is where we have determined we shall stay. He's got too much other emotional and life changes going on, to pursue anything else. And frankly, I am looking for more.

Abrazos e besos,
Epi
:)

Anonymous said...

My poor, sweet Epi! I'm never good with all-things-heartbreak, but I am always here to (hopefully) make you laugh. ake care sweetie!

Snooze said...

Ah, it breaks my heart just reading about you going through this.

epicurist said...

Ms Bees & Snooze- Thanks! I am doing realy well, so no worries.

Coffeedog - sorry, but it will be a few days before I fix that :)