Thursday, December 23, 2004

Still at work

So, here I am... still at work.

I was supposed to have the day off, but decided to come in to finish off some projects, with the intention of leaving at noon. Noon comes along, I pack my stuff and head out into a wet, wintry, slushy, rainy Toronto. I wander about and get my haircut, enjoying the notion that the rest of the day will be for me. Then, I get an email from a client crying that the sky has fallen, desperate for help.

I have no recourse but to return to work to finish things off. My colleagues who were supposed to be working buggered off before me.

I am in a rotten mood and it's getting worse. My plans of champagne and Oprah are as muddied as the Toronto streets. My cool exterior still gives off a pleasant facade, but I feel like pissing on everyone who walks by.

I hope this drama ends quick, before I go ballistic.

8 comments:

Snooze said...

Hey there - I'm at work too, and will be until 6. But I am nursing a mighty big bottle of kalua and forcing my colleagues to toast the season with me. I hope you get to leave soon.

St. Dickeybird said...

Well that's the reason there are bars like the Black Eagle. If you really must piss on someone, that's the place to do it. Better chance the recipient won't mind. And you might even get a drink out of it!

epicurist said...

Dickeybird you dirty boy! I am beginning to like you more and more. Not so sure about Golden showers and warm beer though.

dantallion said...

Hey, if it makes you feel any better (it probably won't), I was at work until 8 PM last night, and I was back at it again this morning, Christmas eve, at 6:45 AM.

Jase said...

I hope you don't go ballistic either.. that's just so un-Christmas-y.

Have a great Christmas weekend!

St. Dickeybird said...

Epi, COLD beer goes with golden showers. That way the two don't get mixed up. So I've heard.
;)

Anonymous said...

I always have to work through the holidays since all my coworkers have kids and I don't. Whatever. Maybe I'll use your idea and piss all over their chairs while they're gone. Ho Ho Ho! Bitches! [Do I sound bitter? Haha]

Snooze said...

Darling, are you STILL at work? I can't wait to read your resolutions for the new year.