Tuesday, December 7, 2004

S.R.I

It's Tuesday morning and I am still smarting from a weekend of fun and frolic. I have used the term "no pain, no gain" often enough, but little did I realise that I would take it to the 9th degree. The end result is that I have some serious S.R.I.

Sex Related Injuries

It seems my birthday weekend was one to remember. It also seems that with age, not only do your bones go brittle, but your brain atrophies into stupidity.

Without getting into the sordid details, lets just say that I was feeling a serious amount of pain in my upper chest (rib) area on Sunday night/Monday morning. I already had a doctors appointment booked for 9:45am on Monday, so I took the opportunity to chat with my doctor about it. It went like this:

Doc: So how are you doing?
Me: Pretty good, but I have a question before anything else.
Doc: Alright, shoot.
Me: How do you know if you have a broken or fractured rib?
Doc: (with eyebrows raised): Umm, well, you would feel a sharp pain as you breathe and tenderness where the trauma took place. Now may I ask you a question?
Me: Shoot.
Doc: Now, I have to question why my patient would be asking me that. Lift your shirt up and lets have a look.

I didn't embellish too much about my sexual adventures, but he got the idea and left it alone. As I lifted my shirt up, wincing in pain, my doc let out a "Holy shit, what the hell were you up to?" He sent me for X-Rays, where we have now determined that I have a possible fractured upper anterior rib. Though I may be smarting from my stupidity, both my partner in crime and I have been having a grand 'ol time laughing about it. You can really only laugh in such situations.

My partner in crime, though also a little sore, came out of it unscathed and has been feeling terribly guilty. Tending to my aches and pains wth massages at night, he wakes me every morning with a warm hug and a kiss to the nose and forehead before he goes off to work. It seems to make the world of difference.

5 comments:

dantallion said...

Classic. Just classic.

Jase said...

Amazing. Hope you feel better. By the sound of it, you seem to be feeling better already.

(jealous).

epicurist said...

Russ - the injury was definitely worth it! (wink wink)

Dantillion - Others have said "Tragic. Just tragic." ...so thanks!

Jase - Feeling better thanks. Bruising is dissappearing, but I still razz him about it every day, which gets me an instant back rub. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Do you feel my love for you?
No, but my contusions fit perfectly.
Ah, young love...
k

epicurist said...

Knottyboy - The sad thing is I am no longer that young frivolous man-boy I once was.