Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Homo Hobo Hug

A few afternoons ago, I decided to go carousing with some friends, as it was a beautiful sunny day. We were walking down Church street when this kid sitting outside of the Xtra Office asked me for change. As usual, I said no, but the kid pressed on and with a grin asked "How about a hug?"

Without waiting a beat, he grabbed me, copped a feel and lifted me in the air in a bear hug. Now, I usually don't let strangers pick me up (well, some will argue that) let alone street kids, but I was in complete shock. I suppose the 5 or 6 beers I had earlier didn't help with my quick motor skills, but I did try in vain to get the kid to drop me. He kept squeezing me until I told him he was cutting off circulation.
I felt completely embarrassed, and dirty (not in the good way either) and immediately went home to burn my clothes and de-louse my body.

What is even more pathetic is that everyone who was watching, now believes that I have a Homo Hobo boyfriend....That's just GREAT!

4 comments:

epicurist said...

Toe-licking by-law? Honestly Russ, I think you need to branch your news reading just a tad.

epicurist said...

And such a reliable news worthy channel it is!

Anonymous said...

sigh, one does miss the old days, and how we "dealt" with the homeless situation.

why it was only yesterday when streetcleaners had "extra" space in the back of those sweeping machines, and as fast as you could say "hey buddy you got a quarter" they were shuffled off to who knows where...or better yet...who knows or cares!

While we all will mourn the passing of summer, I for one can't wait for fall/winter, and the annual "bum run" to Alberta and B.C.

Oh, but I'm prattling on here...

epicurist said...

Oh please feel free to prattle and natter away. Lovely to see people with the same opinion as i.