Monday, August 23, 2004

Giberto vs Alien?

So after turning down the option to go see Bebel Giberto at the Carlu (which I am sure would have been a fantastic evening) I decided to join a Couple-friend of mine to see Alien vs Predator at the Docks. This is definitely not my genre of film, but I decided that a night out by the lake at a drive-in theatre would be fun.

We drove down to the out door theatre (by day it is a golfing range) where 39 bucks was spent for 3 of us, for a double feature (including Bourne Supremacy). We grabbed our hamburgers, popcorn and munchies and set ourselves up for the viewing. Little did we know that every couple in every car within the lot was a straight couple, all of whom sat with seat full-down (not quite conducive to viewing). I soon realised how odd it looked with 3 fags at a Drive-in Theatre. The movie aside from being horrible was completely unviewable due to the lights coming from all the lights at the Docks and from the city. We spent most of our time jostling and trying to get comfortable, whilst trying to determine if it was in fact "a predator or Alien" at that time. To add to the melee of horror on screen, our car smelled like poutine and gravy, since my friend knocked over his food onto the front seat.

So, if you ever get an invite to see a classy performance by a renowned singer at a renowned theatre, please choose that over the White Trash movie at a White trash theatre.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The grass is always greener... in this case, it's because the grass was spray-painted green... and you may have been temporarily incapacitated by the paint fumes...

Wanda Wisdom

person said...

hi

just popped in to ure blog from blogger.com main pg

epicurist said...

Anon- The grass is most certainly greener on the other side, and you know how much I love paint fumes!

Russ- Unfortunately, the tragic events were too much for our delicate selves, so we departed. Besides, I was tired of overhearing the moaning from our neighbouring car.

Anonymous said...

Are you joking???? You turned down the option of not only seeing Bebel Gilberto but the option of going to the Carlu? A masterpiece of Art Deco design and architecture????

Were you not feeling well that day? Did you have a fever that removed your ability to make logical and simple decisions?

I am shocked!

epicurist said...

Well, once when I was 6 years old I got the Scarlett Fever which affected my cerbral cortex, specifically the left side which governs all logic and rational thought. The only way to save my fragile life, was to remove that affected portion of brain mass. Of course, the doctors couldn't just leave me walking around, empty cavity and all, so they filled it up with cauliflower.

Hmm, sorry, what was your question again?