Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Rolling and Rollicking in Bed

I realise that in having written 2 blogs (consecutively) about stories involving Mary Jane, that I am beginning to sound a bit like Harold from Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle. I'm honestly not quite that far yet. But since I'm now on the topic, I had mind as well share another story that occurred last night prior to bed.

I had gone to take my shower as per my nightly beauty ritual. Trust me, I look not only scary and freakish without hairspray, gel and contacts, but I am also the epitomy of a geeky looking F.O.B (Fresh Of the Boater) when I don't doll myself up to go out. One day, if I feel brave enough I will post a picture of the Before and After for you all to laugh at.

Anyhow, upon my return to the bedroom, Rib Breaker already had a rolled dessert for us to share. Our darling pooch, Kalyx was grunting at us as we giggled at her brazeness for taking it upon herself to jump into my bed. She is 14 years old, going on 15, and in her golden years she is realising that we are much more forgiving when it comes to breaking of the rules. As we smoked and watched Tele, we soon got into a tickling match with Rib Breaker being the Tickled, and I the Tickler. Rib Breaker doubly laughed and screamed for me to stop, but I was persistent, indicating that I was doing him a favour by releasing endorphins and making him happy. It wasn't long before both of us were laughing hysterically, which required a moments respite. Goofing off and acting like children takes a lot of energy and we were both out of breath.

A few minutes later I found myself trying to remember our topic of conversation just 5 minutes prior. If any of you fellow bloggers know anything about rolled desserts, you will also be familiar with sudden forgetfulness, or derailed thoughts. This is an anatomy of our conversation:

RB (looking at me quizzically): What are you doing?
Me (deep in thought): Umm, trying to remember something. What were we talking about a moment ago?
RB: When?
Me: Just a few minutes ago. We were laughing about something really hard a few minutes ago.
RB: Where?
Me: Duh! Here, obviously!
RB: I dunno. How long ago?
Me: Geez, I'm so fucked. I can't even remember what we were laughing about 5 minutes ago.
RB: Oh, you were tickling me!
Me (irritated) : No No... Just before that.
RB (giggling) : Oh, I don't remember anything before that!

(giggling and laughter ensues)

Thirty minutes later, we were ready for bed and were lying cuddled in each others arms. I admit I've never been much of a cuddler as I get very hot, very quickly and tend to move around a lot finding my exact positinon of comfort, but RB loves to cuddle, and that's good enough for me. Ten minutes into our cuddling, my mind had begun to wander and I again was wondering what it was that we were laughing about, when it finally hit me that the dog had been throwing us "Tude" for getting on the bed and taking up her precious space. This of course, sent me into convulsive giggling which apparently became contagious for RB. Sadly, it took both of us close to 20 mnutes to stop.

We can be such idiots at times, but I will tell you one thing, I'd rather be an idiot than boring and dour. Laughter truly is the best medicine and both RB and I approach our relationship in a rather childish and humourous way. It works well for us and I try not to take myself too seriously. Happiness and laughter seem to go hand-in-hand and I definitely love seeing him smile.

13 comments:

Naked Boy said...

You two are so adorable. Why not post some pics of both of u?

Anonymous said...

Laughter is the best medicine and more often enjoyed when you've taken your erm...medicine...LOL. I had fun doing that last weekend when the boy was up, but we were more worried Bianca was going to inhale. She seemed mostly okay though :D

No one asked us said...

You two are the absolute cutest couple I have ever heard of. It makes me so envious of you and makes me want to be all in love and stuff.
Sigh.

tornwordo said...

I want to come over and play at your house! I'm a fan of rolled desserts too you know, and I can't tell you how many "great blog post ideas" I've had, only to forget them minutes later, remembering only that it was "really good".

You guys are so cute.

St. Dickeybird said...

Sweet.
:)

dantallion said...

I'm envious (in a good way) of what you two are. I'd consider that aspect of my world a success if I could carve out the same thing. Good on you both.

JM said...

I can't take tickling. I lose my breath and then get really uncomfortable. It's pure torture for me.

Anonymous said...

Yes, laughter...certainly food for thought.... :)

ink said...

Awwwww! That's so sweet!

It's just great you two are comfortable enough in yourselves and with each other to be -- not child-ISH -- but child-LIKE.

I'm really glad you've got someone like RB in your life. Sounds like you're made for each other!

epicurist said...

Naked Boy - I will post some soon, but you can also see pics on my Flikr site (to the right) or read this post:
http://epicurist.blogspot.com/2005/08/rib-breakers-birthday-week-weekend.html

daelyn - Kalyx is hilarious when she gets high. She gets all sucky and wants treats every 2 minutes.

NOAU - You're such a beautiful person that I am sure that it will happen! xoxo

tornwordo - Well, upon my next visit to MTL, or your visit to T.O, we will bake and eat desserts all day long!

dickey - sickeningly so, I know.

Dantallion - Thanks, I think the one thing I have realised is that it should be easy, and never feel like work, but at the same time, you still have to work at it when it's easy. Does that make ANY sense?

angel - awww, but it's sooooo much fun! lol

Alan - We certainly try!

Mr. Brian - It is food for thought t'isn't it?

ink - Yes, Child-like, not child-ish... thanks for making that point as they are 2 different things aren't they? :)

Sister - It certainly does. And it also helps with my arthritis!

Jase said...

Aww.. :)

Anonymous said...

tickle fighting and cuddling. its just TOO MUCH to bare! ::giggle::

W said...

what an awesome, happy post. :D