Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cutesey Pukey Valentines

Being the shit disturber sort that I am, I decided to switch things around and up, on this whole Valentines business. So on Monday, I went and purchased a dozen yellow oceanic roses for Rib Breaker and took him out for a nice dinner. We both agreed that it was far better than going out on February 14, watching couples eat in crowded restaurants. It's really not my type of thing, nor is it his. Besides, in all the rush, I was rather paranoid that the restaraunt chefs would be in such a tizzy that the food would be half cooked and we'd get food poisoning.

So, in our casual style, we stayed in on Heart day and Rib Breaker decided he wanted to order pizza and watch Tele. After eating, Rib Breaker rolled a dessert for us which we promptly smoked. It had been a long arduous day and I wanted to wash away all memory of it, so I decided to jump in the shower. A few minutes later, as I was washing my hair, I heard Rib Breaker come in the washroom talking loudly. Peering through my suds, this was the following conversation:

RB (Talking on cellular speakerphone): ...Hey, it's me! I'm talking on the phone, but not sure if you can hear me cause I got this thing on Speakerphone. It's so cool. I just found it, but don't know how to turn it off.
Me: What? Are you talking to me?
RB (looking at me and grinning): ...And Epicurist and I were just wondering what you were up to this weekend and were thinking of going to....
Me (washing shampoo out): Who the Hell are you talking to? I'm taking a shower you know?

Of course I recieved no answer. Rib Breaker had already exited the bathroom, but reappeared an instant later and comes up to the shower door and peers in grinning at me.

Me: Huh? What's up? Who were you talking to?
RB (opening shower door a bit): Oh, it was Scott.
Me: And?
RB (opening door wider and slowly getting into shower): Oh, I just wanted to call and say hi and I found the Speaker phone thing on the cell, which is really cool, but I'm not sure I did it right. You didn't tell me you could do that!
Me: I guess I forgot about the feature. Anyhow, so what is he up to?
RB: Oh, I was asking him if he wanted to go that Hotel club thingie that you mentioned last time. What's the place called?
Me: Umm, the Gladstone?
RB: Yeah! That's it. I was asking him if he wanted to do that sometime.
Me: Ok. And what did he say?
RB: Oh, I dunno yet. It was his voicemail, so I was leaving a message.
Me: And you had to come into the bathroom while I was showering to tell him that?
RB (grinning sheepishly): Oh, I guess I was kinda telling you too.
Me (stopping and looking at RB oddly): Ok....ummm. What are you doing?
RB: What?
Me: Well, you're just standing there at the end of the tub. Did you come in here to take a shower or just to tell me about the speakerphone and phonecall?
RB (looking around sheepishly and laughing): Oh...umm...just to talk to you.
Me: Sometimes, you are just too damned cute. Do you know that?

Honestly, it's these small quirky things that he does that makes me love him even more. Unfortunately, the cuteness wore off at 2am when Rib Breaker started to get violently ill, throwing up and running to the porcelain throne. We're not clear if it's food poisoning or the Stomach flu, but the poor boy had his head in the toilet most of the evening with me by his side. It wasn't the Valentines Day I had planned, and I'm tired from lack of sleep, so I am taking my leave now. Gotta go home to rub my boys tummy.

P.S. I am really busy at work right now so just want all you beautiful souls to know that I haven't forsaken or forgotten you. I hope to catch up on reading posts over the week or weekend. Cheers!

19 comments:

dantallion said...

You two really are adorable - but what a crappy way to end the evening. Hope he feels better, and that you don't catch it.

St. Dickeybird said...

You're both sickeningly cute.
:)

Snooze said...

Sorry to read that RB is so sick right now. However, beautiful story of him hanging out while you shower just to talk to you. It is those moments that make being with someone so special.

Naked Boy said...

Wow. So romantic. You both really have something great there.

Pheebs said...

hmm...interesting...

Valentine's Day made someone puke...there are no coincidences...

I, too, don't believe in the bs-day but did find a cute valentine's card...if only I could figure out how to post pictures on comments???

Pheebs said...

P.S. love the part about the dessert that RB 'made.' You are so eloquent, Epi...

Anonymous said...

holy crap! the night before VD i was projectile vomiting all over my BF!!! i'm not even kidding. something is totally going around. love you epi!!! i'm so glad you found RB. le sigh!

EarthMother said...

Wow, it must be an epidemic. On the eve of VDay, I was up all night puking. So much for indulging any of my vices on the big day.
Hope RB is feeling better. Love your cute little anecdotes. I think it's so wonderful that you guys have found each other.

tornwordo said...

Aw, that was a cute story. I love the dialogue.

Too bad it ended in negative territory.

The Raven said...

Ugh, sounds like the flu. I had that 2 weeks ago, didn't know if I should sit on the loo or kneel before it. I hope RB is doing better, it was 3 1/2 days for me:(

JM said...

Cool way to spend Valentine's Day. Nothing pukey about it.

Nick Moretti said...

Nothing says "I Love You" like standing by your man as he pukes his brains out. Love to hear about the 2 of you being happy.

Anonymous said...

After the voice dialing fiasco, and now the speakerphone, I'm afraid to think what he'll find out next as far as features go...

And I so can relate to the not going out on V-Day thing. The boy was up over the weekend (not even on the day) and we tried to go out but EVERY major restaurant had a wait of at least 45 minutes or an hour, so we went to this great fish and chip place by my house and it was good except I spilled my diet pepsi all over his fries (I get twitchy with the meds I'm on). Woops.

ink said...

That is just SO sweet. Hope RB is over his illness (and that you didn't pick it up!).

Keep up your own personal "tales of the city," Epi. The world needs all of the romance it can get, as far as I'm concerned!

Tay Hota said...

thanks for your comment.. hope the post was not too much of a trip down that nasty lane... lovely post, what i wouldn't give for a guy to tell get in the shower with me "just to talk" to me... loving that...

CoffeeDog said...

RB reminds me of Mrs Coffeedog....he sounds very cute! Sorry to hear he got sick, hope's up and at 'em by now!

Anonymous said...

Hope RB is doing better now?

EssentialStephen said...

Very cute...hope he is better. Andy and I stayed in for "heart day" especially since he was sick most of this week with the flu.

epicurist said...

Hello All,

Thanks for all the well wishes, but Rib Breaker is back to "normal" which means he is back to his antics. Actually decided to go skating against my advice, but he's a grown man, and can do what he wishes. Hope everyone else who has been sick is back on the mend as well. :)