Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Busy busy busy

The last few weeks have been super busy, both work-wise and extra-curricular. The May 2-4 weekend consisted of helping my friend RN move to his new apartment on the Westend and also helping my other friend AK clean and decorate his balcony with plants and furniture. Didn't leave much time for sleeping in, but I had a good time doing both of them.

This past weekend, I went to my friend S&S's house to build a waterfall for their pond. Once the heavy lifting and digging were done, the job took only 3 hours to complete. I think it looks pretty good and they were happy. Sunday I moved RB's new mattress up 4 flights of stairs and then went to my brothers to sand his deck. Want to finish that by the end of the week and have it all stained/sealed.

On top of all this, my dog got sick on the May 2-4 and literally had a leaky ass. My poor girl went all over the Solarium carpet and I had to clean the nasty mess up. These things happen with older dogs and you can't get angry because it ain't their fault.

So, I'm just a wee bit tired now, after all the sanding, digging, moving and ass wiping. I think I am either staying in the city to volunteer for Fashion Cares again this year, or will be heading up to T&Y's cottage to open it and relax. Will post pics of all the chores and the cottage soon.

3 comments:

Snooze said...

You must be exhausted!!! But all I could think when reading this post was 'yay! he must be feeling strong in his body again'. What are you doing to volunteer at FC? I'll be attending through work so I'll look for you, and I won't give you any attitude!

epicurist said...

LOL - well the body is doing better. Summer tends to energize me. If I am there I willl likely be running around doing random errands. But it is more likely that I may take a break this year and go to the cottage instead. I have been doing it for 5 years, and I think I need a rester for next weekend. But like I said to Dickey and Mainja, we should all get a drink niht out for us BlogTonians (Bloggers of Toronto). :0)

epicurist said...

Coffee dog - Sorry to hear about your pooch...is it the one in the pic? And no worries, Kalyx is much better!