Monday, February 21, 2005

Writer's Block Party

SO, many polytheistic belief systems believe that we human beings are conduits of and for all energy in the universe. Changes are often reflected in our moods. Now I am not talking about the ability to watch an episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition and be laughing one moment and bawling your eyes out the next.

A number of friends have of late been reporting a lack of creativity. With a lack of creativity comes a lack of motivation. They are two ingredients in the sour dour dough. I count myself in their numbers. But sadly there seems to be no saints to march in and save the day – or at least a good idea for fuck sakes.

Is it the cold Canadian winter? The low light levels? The lack of colour? I personally have not posted on my own blog for a while now. Even Epicurist says that one of the reasons for not posting lately is a lack of creativity. Maybe gravitating towards the routine of career gives us the energy to wade through the sea of ennui? Maybe soon the colours of spring trigger areas of the brain that finally thaw out. Until then.

So this is my creative kick at the can holding my creative slump. I figured by taking responsibility for someone else’s blog I might at least feel obligated to write and at least keep the muscle working.

Here we go. I hope.

4 comments:

epicurist said...

Better you than me, with such a responsibilty. My creative juices have reached stagnation, and I absolutely refuse to write about work. I suppose what I need is some horribly tragic, funny episode to get the sap flowing again.

Alexis du Bois said...

Take the rest Epi; there's nothing wrong with that. I'll still see Nigella this weekend and think of you.

Anonymous said...

Juices? Stagnation? How about fermentation. Let's take the sundried epicurial grapes and squeeze them, rend them down, cook them in the sweetness that trickled in. Evaporate the sullen and gray days for those few drops of absolute oral [aural] pleasure.

I will concur that it seems with every day that blends into the proceeding, only takes away what ideas that might flit by. Drudgery begets even more it seems.

epicurist said...

Mrs Astor - stop teasing me!

Knottboy - you wanna squeeze my grapes? That may actually work. When you coming down?

Sister & Stoned Bunny - what do they call it SAD?