Friday, June 3, 2005

Rib Breaker Moments - getting back to (ab)normality

As some of you know, RB and I have been working things out. I had an all-out open discussion with him a week and a half ago, telling him what I was willing to put into the relationship and what I expected from him in return and vice versa. It wasn't much, other than that he be open and communicate with me. It obviously hit home with him and he has done a 360 turnaround...well, more like 280, but I am good with that.

Anyhow, things are settling back into our normal idiotic routines. Some examples:

  1. Last Sunday, after moving RB's mattress up 4 flights of stairs to his place I asked for a drink. He pours me a juice and I thirstily begin to drink it. He then looks at the carton and starts to laugh and asks that I don't kill him. After a quick wrestle (where I won, as usual), I find myself looking at a carton that expired on Jan 05. The bastard.
  2. This past Tuesday, RB invited me over to his ex's place for a wine tasting. It was cool and a lot of fun, but I was reamed out for apparently making RB fatter than he was with the Ex. I reminded the Ex that RB had disappeared for sometime from my life and any fattening incurred would have been on RB's part. I also pointed out that he could easily stop shovelling the food down his trap. It's not my fault that I cook well.
  3. In a related topic, yesterday as we joked around and chatted, I told RB not to leave any visible marks on me on account of it being Pride month (it's all very vain isn't it?). His response was that it was his way of ensuring I wouldn't get fucked by anyone else. I retorted by asking "Then, how am I supposed to keep you from fucking anyone else?" His quick response was "You already have! you've made me fat!". I lost my drink and it almost spewed across the room.

15 comments:

St. Dickeybird said...

Glad to see things are on the up!

And whipmarks for Pride are a great addition to a speedo and rollerblades.

I don't think having sex-marks would turn many guys off.

epicurist said...

honey, you have not seen the marks this boy can leave. I had a look at his teeth the other day and noticed he has 2 sets of eye teeth that are sharper than fangs. Anyhow, to get him back I shaved a patch of leg hair out...looks like he has leprosy now...lol!

Jess said...

Sounds like things are going along nicely. :)

St. Dickeybird said...

Epi, i understand. I have fingernail scars from 2003.
And really I just wanted to brag about that.
;)

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm big with the rug burns. I have them everywhere, but mainly my (bees) knees and lower back. Yeow!

epicurist said...

Jess - things are going good. Pacing it bit by bit. ;-p

Dickey - fingernail scars? was the person wearing Lee Press-ons?

Bees - Hmmm, I have those rubber knee pads for gardening and floor installers, adn I wear those as well as a boxing helmet to keep my brain in tact when it hits the wall.

Paddy Johnson said...

I like the new blog look. Good to hear you guys are back together.

mainja said...

hmmm, glad you're revisiting this.

and, um, dickey? is it that you have just recently revisited this particular story, or do you actually tell it quite often? ;)

Jase said...

Aww. :)

I hope to find someone and live normal idiotic routines someday...

Snooze said...

RB should be serving you freshly squeezed OJ if you carried a mattress up 4 flights of stairs. Ouch!

epicurist said...

Coffee - I keep telling RB the same thing. Keep the hickeys away!

Russ - Yeah, there is a bit of a correlation isn't there? Hmmm...

Snafu - The look is easier than the last which some could not see. As for the relationship, we are taking it day-to-day. Going well, with ease. :)Thanks

Mainja - I am glad as well...And yes Dickey, how much do you tell this story?

Jase - stupid is as stupid does.

Snooze - He got in so much trouble for that! lol

St. Dickeybird said...

No comment.
:)

epicurist said...

Fine. Be that way Dickey...I am sure we will dig all the sordid details out of you soon enough. ;)

mainja said...

epi, i don't think you have to dig very far to get sordit detail out of dickey, in fact, i think you have to dig to cover up sordid details from dickey... ;)

Anonymous said...

He tells that story A LOT ;-)

And I was laughing so hard when my married friend from California came to visit recently (she's from T.O. originally) and gave me her rug burn kit. I think she cursed me though since very shortly after that I lost the need to use it. LOL.