Thursday, November 11, 2004

Has everyone forgotten?


I have to say that I am terribly dissappointed in the lack of Rememberance for those who sacrificed their lives in War. I have been reading posts all day with the same sentiment. So, when I realised at 11:11:11 am that my company did not announce anything over the PA system I was aghast. I took my moment to reflect and continued my day. The company I work for employs over 3000 people at our campus and with all the technology and know how, they were unable to announce something over the PA or have a pop-up in our Outlook calender to remind everyone to take a moment of much valued reflection.

There are so many of us, our families or friends, who have been touched by war. My parents lived through it, my mothers father even died in a concentration camp. When we don't take a moment to remember, we fail to honour the memory and spirit of those who died. Those memories need to be cherished and reflected upon. I am 31 and when I realise that thousands of lives ended far younger than myself, I am heartbroken. I think about the lives that could have been, and the families and futures that could have been.

At least take a damned few minutes to relise what you have. Pay your respects.

1 comment:

NB said...

I was surprised and disappointed to hear that Remembrance Day isn't even a holiday in some parts of Canada (Ontario & Quebec). Although "holiday" isn't quite the right world. but still... Anyway,I agree. Pay your respects.