Friday, April 16, 2004

Dating 101 Part trois

I went on a date Wednesday.

I think I would have had more fun folding my underwear into origami.
Actually, all I thought about during the dinner was how quickly I could get home so that I could do my laundry and eat a bag of chips.

Sad, isn’t it?

I told my boss about this date and his immediate response was;

Never go for dinner for the first date, because you’ll be trapped for the entire meal. Go for a coffee or drink, where you can leave at anytime.

I suppose this makes quite a bit of sense, since you don’t have to hang around if the guy bores you to death. I just didn’t realize that there was this dating procedure that I was supposed to follow. I am such a neophyte when it comes to dating – or maybe I am just naïve.

Anyhow, wish me luck on my next coffee date.

Scratch that… better make it a BEER date. With my luck and history, I’ll need the drink when I get there.

No comments: